Wednesday, June 30, 2010

blog #3 personal statment

One group that I have a been a part of now since my freshman year in high school is the dual language group. Although I have been in the Dual language program at the school I wasn't really too involved with the club it self until this past year . Being a part of this group keeps me in contact with other students like myself that are bilingual and take classes in a bilingual setting. During those classes one day it is taught in English and the next it is in Spanish.
While I have been in this group my involvement has progressively gotten higher and higher. for example at first I was basically only taking the classes and that would be it for me. Now this past year I would constantly in their office helping them out with something or another. I would constantly be looking for after school activities that they would be hosting in order to either volunteer or just attend in order to obtain more information of the group.
Also as being a part of this group I have gotten the opportunities to attend different seminars banquets and summits that i may not have if i were not in it. Two that I really enjoyed were the Latino summit witch was held at UNL, the other was an informational banquet for the Grassroots program I which i hope to be a part of this coming year. Also at these events i was able to do some networking which will be really helpful when it comes time to look for colleges and scholarships.

No comments:

Post a Comment